ICT for Micro /Small and Medium Enterprises Program (ICT4M/SMEs)
The ICT-TF, in the context of its mission to develop the Egyptian workforce, ICT4M/SMEs program model, aims at fostering the entrepreneurial mindsets of young Egyptians through developing highly specialized trainings and professional ICT tools for business, hence sharing in solving the national unemployment problem.
The program harnesses ICT to bridge the mismatch between private sector skills demands and youth skills sets, through enhancing self-employment and employability of young women and men by maximizing access to technical, vocational and entrepreneurial skills , and Increase internship opportunities in private companies and/or other institutions for youth.
- Study the effects of building capacity for Egyptian M/SMEs to leverage ICTs on generating employment and creating efficient, better connected and more competitive enterprises, and identifying new socio-economic opportunities that can be leveraged through ICT, with the help of CSOs.
- Providing unemployed college graduates with the IT and soft skills required by today's job market
- Linking program beneficiaries with job opportunities through interaction with private sector and virtual portals
- Fostering entrepreneurship by providing youth with the required technical and financial support to establish their own businesses
- Promoting gender equality by dedicating 40% of project output to female participants
- Developing an online employment resource centre to provide access to employment training and tools to the public
- Building the capacity of NGOs working in the field of employability to enable them to provide sustainable services to women, youth and entrepreneurs as well as the wider community
- Improve the performance and sustainability of M/SMEs through the development of ICT-based M/SMEs support services delivered via telecentre
ICT4SMEs Program Phases
Phase 1: Exploring the situation & identifying the challenges - 2006
The program first phase was launched in July 2006, and funded by IDRC. This phase aimed at exploring the current situation of small and medium enterprises and project in Egypt . Moreover, the three years research project helped in identifying the potentials in adopting ICTs tools in project management and underlining the barriers that hinder the small project and companies to overcome the IT gap.Phase 2: Reaching out & professional skills promotions
The second phase is a natural extension to the ICT4M/SMEs program that launched in 2008 in partnership with Microsoft Egypt . during this phase the program scale up the tried-out model to reach out larger numbers of beneficiaries. The main goal of this phase concentrated on building the capacity of M/SMEs by providing IT- based training and services, in order to make positive effect on the M/SMEs community and hence on the development of the economy, through increasing job opportunities.Phase 3: Enhancing Employability
After 25 Jan 2011 Revolution, the problem of unemployability increases by time due to the bad economic situations. From the responsibility of Egypt ICT-TF as one of the national community development entities, solutions should be found urgently. Anew quick-win program was established with the Japanese government as one of the new powerful partners who has the necessary fund to tackle such thorny problem specially among youth. The program is a quick-win for one year from June 2012 to Jun 2013.Phase 4: Toward Sustainable entrepreneurship - 2011
Phase 5: Enhancing Employability-2012
Beneficiaries & Location
is an Arabic community portal services the MSMEs that provide highly specialized ICT services and knowledge for MSMEs knowledge. Based on community participation, the portal tackles issues related to basics IT, business management skills, marketing tips, soft ware solutions, competition, networking…etc. Ayadina portal includes highly related MSMEs services such as the E-shop and Mobile application services that are considered essential to the empowerment of the MSMEs activities and ensure business sustainability.
Competency Training Program
A number of 11.000 small and micro project owners have completed 60.000 training hours through the professional capacity building program through which the SMEs exposed to latest ICT tools for small project management.
Train of Trainers (TOTs) workshops
506 certified trainers has graduated from the TOTs program which aimed at building an efficient pool of trainers within the local NGO's that act as implementing partners.
awareness seminars have been implemented to diffuse the initial information concerning the potential of ICT in M/SMEs and removing the barriers that hinder the spread of ICT technology in M/SMEs.
The competition award aimed at enhancing the M/EMEs to utilize ICT solutions in their projects . Three competition awards were organized through the program with a total number of 250 participants, and resulted in 150 success stories.
ICT for MSMEs Portal- Ayadina ayadina.kenanaonline.com
An Arabic community portal services the MSMEs that provide highly specialized ICT services and knowledge for MSMEs knowledge. Based on community participation, the portal tackles issues related to basics IT, business management skills, marketing tips, soft ware solutions, competition, networking...etc. Ayadina portal includes highly related MSMEs services such as the E-shop and Mobile application services that are considered essential to the empowerment of the MSMEs activities and ensure business sustainability.
ICT for M/SMEs Toolkit
The toolkit targets MSMEs empowerment using the keys of success in the global workplace through providing high quality customized training material in a unique, flexible and easy-to-use IT solutions in various three major field which are:
- E-marketing toolkit
- accounting toolkit,
- and Soft Skills toolkit.
- Farid Menjood & E-Marketing for El Borg Restaurant
- Nadia from her Small World to Entrepreneurship Horizon
- Sakeia Rezk – farmer
- Bazem Salam – young seller
- ICT4SMEs Training Course at Voyager Optics Technology Centre in Tanta
- ICT new opportunities for SMEs
- Architectural Designs using Computer
- Advanced customer service
- Clothes e-marketing project
- Azzooz Net Café
- Computerized Fine Art
- Essam restaurant
- Factory of car accessories using technology
- Hoda Furnishings
- Jamila and the olive farm
- Managing a poultry farm electronically
- Monira and leather embroidery
- Obison electronic Embroidering
- Office for Computer services
- Online tools and paintings
- Online Pharmacy
- Packaging Salt Automatically
- Rabbit e-marketing
- Yasser Abo Samra and Electronic Furniture Making
10 April 2017
03 December 2009
04 January 2008
12 March 2009
10 November 2010
12 January 2011